NOT only do we retrace some of the Top Gear show, we also include the best roads missed by the presenters, the Real Vietnam touring the Central Highlands and war famous HCM Trail. stunning mountain roads. small remote villages. beaches and jungle its got a lot.
1th day: Depart from Dalat to Lak lake “ natural Lake”
- Crazy house
- Visit the Dragon pagoda
- Visit flower farms.
-Tea & coffee plantations
- Mushroom farm
- Enjoy Vietnamese coffee with “weasel café”
- Rice wine making
- Visit silkworm factory
- Elephant waterfall.
- Pagoda with happy buddha
- Riding through he jungle
- Visit to the Jun Minority Village. Acommodation is in a choice of traditional Rong house or modern bungalow right on the shore of Lak lake, so that you enjoy the breathtaking scenery and watch the ethnic minority fishermen checking their nets. Keep in touch with the minority people ( M'nong people) do trekking in and seeing another village or elephant riding is available through more picturesque landscape of natural Lak Lake in central highlands.( extra pay)
During the night, you can join in the local life-style of ‘Jun’ minority village: drinkng, taking, music .. etc
2th day: Depart from Lak lake to Buon Me Thuot
- We drive through the forest path without many traffic and tourists. Where you visit the most beautiful countryside sceneries and even join in the local people’s life-style.
- Take photos of people farming and fishing
- Trekking to the top of the Elephant rock mountain
- Take the Ho Chi Minh Trail to visit Dray Sap, Dray Nu falls
- Swim in Fairy pool, take a water massage from waterfall
- Come back to stay at Buon Ma Thuot city
3th day : Depart from Buon Me Thuot to Pleiku
- Traveling on the old Ho Chi Minh trail to learn about the history of vietnamese people during the French colony and the vivid war, the daily life of highlanders who live along the roads to learn how to make rice papers, noodles making.
- Pleiku is place where you stay overnight after along day ride..
4th day: Depart from Pleiku to Kon Tum
- Visit the city a bit then head to Greenfield of the Bana and Gairal people, crocodile farm.. Pagoda and traditional music of them.
- Head to sea lake which used to be a volcanic crater that stopped working a million years ago..a great place to take some good photos for the trip.
- Continue traveling to Kontum where you visit kontum prison ( since 1930 )
- Visit wooden church ( French Church) and orphanage
- Visit Kon Ktu village and their traditional Rong house and learn their traditions and culture by their custom and daily life.
Stay over night in Kontum
5th day : Depart from Kontum to Kham Duc
- Continue traveling on the Ho Chi Minh trail.
Visit the well – know Phoenix Airport.
- Charlie hill to know more about the war between Northern and Southern of Vietnam.
- Stop over at indochine three corner Lao, Vietnam, Cambodia. (three way border)
- Stop over at the hot spring Dak Ha.
- See Trieng Minority Village and try crossing Monkey Bridge
- Over night stay in Kham Duc town
6th day: depart from Kham Duc to A Luoi
Following Ho Chi Minh trail to understand about Viet Nam war, by the way you`ll enjoy a beautiful view and fresh air in this area . -Stop over at the minority village to discover the local's culture and customs.
- Hamburger Hill and mountains still barren due to the extended effects of Agent Orange
- We arrive at A Luoi, where there are many Bru Van hill tribe people.
7th day: Depart from A Luoi to Khe Sanh
Keep on following Ho Chi Minh trail over the Da Krong Bridge (built by the Cubans in 1973) into the infamous A Shau valley, an area of intense wartime activity
-Visit Ta Con airbase
-Lang Vay combat
Stay over night at Khe Sanh (former US Marine base )
8th day: Depart from Khe Sanh to Phong Nha
Following the East Ho Chi Minh trail and rainforest ( the route is totally new )
Motorcycle all the way to Phong Nha – Ke Bang, the biggest and also the most beautiful cave in Vietnam and Indochina and is now a UNESCO World Natural Heritage site. The karst formation of Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park has evolved since the Paleozoic (some 400 million years ago) and so is the oldest major karst area in Asia. Subject to massive tectonic changes, the park’s karst landscape is extremely complex with many geographic features of considerable significance. The vast area, extending to the border of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic, contains spectacular formations including 65 km of caves and underground rivers.
9th day: Stay in Phong Nha
Visit Paradise cave ( new discovery by BBC )
Boating and exploring World Heritage site of Phong Nha where local civilians and military sheltered from incessant bombing during wartime.
10th day: Depart from Phong Nha to Cua Tung beach
Driving along rubber plantation and visit Vinh Moc tunnels. Finish a day on the beach.
11th: Depart from Phong Nha to Hue
-Stopping at the famous Hien Luong Bridge (former demarcation line between North and South Vietnam ) and Quang Tri citadel. Then, cruising through green back country down the steep Me Oi Pass, we continue on to the beautiful city of Hue which lies along the banks of the Perfume River.
Overnight in Hue.
12th day: Depart from Hue to Hoi An
See the Forbidden Citadel in the morning. Join the National Highway 1 and head up the Hai Van Pass (Cloudy Pass) before the World Heritage site of Hoi An, a major trading centre in SE Asia in the 16th and 17th centuries.
We will finish the trip in Hoi An.